GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS SERVICES:
- Assess your current mapping situation
- Develop and maintain a GIS
- Data capture and development including digitizing, scanning & GPS
- 3D Modeling & Photo Simulations
- Recommendations for your purchases of hardware and software
- Introductory training and technical assistance
GIS combines layers, or levels of information about a place giving you a better understanding of that place. GIS allows the user to define layers of related types of information depending upon your purpose.
A few of the numerous benefits of GIS are:
- Tools that support the decision making process, not merely an automatic decision system.
- Improve organization and resource management by sharing common data sets.
- Provide a visualization of concepts in the form of a map.
By entering basemap data (hydrography, physiography, boundaries, transportation, cultural features, and elevation), and then importing data from GPS into the GIS, resource managers have a powerful tool for analysis.